- Sun/Age Spots
- Overall Skin Texture
- Overall Skin Elasticity
- Surgical Scars
- Acne Scars
- Burn Scars
- Stretch Marks
Some clients have seen up to 50% or more improvement with 1 treatment however best results are achieved with multiple treatments.
Micro-Needling, also referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and Micro-Needling, is considered to be a relatively new concept within the plethora of aesthetic treatment options available for skin rejuvenation, having come about in the format that we now see within the last 5 years. Skin Needling was developed in South Africa by physicians and passed on to tattoo specialists who discovered its possibilities. The use of a Dermal Roller or Rotary Machine (similar to the machine used in Permanent Makeup) with small needle clusters and a topical in the area of treatment for numbing.
The concept of Micro-Needling is based on the skin’s natural ability to repair itself whenever it encounters physical damage such as cuts, burns and other abrasions. Immediately after an injury to the skin our body reuses the damaged collagen and elastin fibers as well as other damaged skin components to produce new ones. Skin Needling allows for controlled induction of the skin’s self repair mechanism by creating micro-“injuries” in the skin which triggers new collagen synthesis. The result is smoother, firmer and younger looking skin. Micro needling is process carried out with a stamper with multiple tiny needles. These needles penetrate the upper layers of skin to a depth of up to 0.5 mm (depending on the needle length used). This process has two major benefits. It effectively stimulates collagen formation at the same time as providing a clear channel for topical serums to be absorbed more effectively through the top layer (epidermis) of skin. Micro-needling creates a very minor (almost microscopic) trauma which lasts for a short period of time and does not result in bruising or excessive swelling in the treated area. Micro-Needling is a form of Collagen Induction Therapy which is intended to smooth wrinkles, and improve depressed acne scarring.
As your technician moves the micro-needling machine across your skin, it makes pin point punctures into the dermis – most of which are simply temporarily opening your pores. Your body perceives this as damage, which triggers the release of growth factors that, in turn, stimulate the production of elastin and collagen. The human body is designed to react to any injury by initiating the healing process, but usually it will just mend as far as it has to keep you in good health – which is very different to healing to a cosmetic level. By persistently triggering this healing process, you encourage your body to keep repairing until the job is done. Micro-needling may be conducted safely on all colors of skin and all types of skin. The epidermis and melanocytes in the basal area are not damaged, so there’s no possibility of post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.
You are eligible for Micro-Needling if the following applies to you:
- Lack of skin radiance
- Loss of elasticity and epidermal thickness
- Rough and uneven skin texture
- Fine lines
- Crow’s feet
- Scars, especially indented acne or chicken pox
- Post surgical Scars
- Skin Dullness
- Dry Skin
- Open pores
You are not currently eligible for Micro-needling if the following applies to you:
- You suffer with active pustular acne
- Active bacterial, viral or fungal infections
- Active Eczema and psoriasis in the area to be treated
- Rosacea in the area to be treated
- Keloid or raised scars in the area to be treated
- Scars less than 6 months old
- Raised moles or warts in the area to be treated
- Facial surgery in the past 6 months
- Currently undergoing Chemotherapy or Radiation therapy (must be 8 or more months post therapy, or with doctors clearance)
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Actinic (solar) keratosis
- Currently taking Accutane
- Immunosuppression, other issues preventing you from properly healing or fighting off infection.
If you have questions about your health or eligibility for this service please contact your doctor.
- Cost effective–less than laser treatments
- Skin is thickened, tightened and elasticity is restored
- Safe/Suitable for all skin types–even thin skin and previously lasered
- A natural response of collagen is induced
- Fine lines and wrinkles are softened
- Quick healing time
- No ablation of the epidermis
- All areas of the face, neck and body can be treated
- Results depend on the severity of the area being treated and the individuals own aging process
- Excellent treatment for upper lip lines, wrinkles, photo damage, scarring (acne /chicken pox), and stretch marks
- The area to be treated must be free of any active acne, cold sore, pimples or infection. (Anti-virals are required for areas around the mouth)
- The area to be treated will be cleansed with a medical grade cleanser prior to applying the numbing cream.
- Please arrive to your appointment makeup free.
- The treated area WILL be very red the 1st 24hrs and will gradually lighten with each following day and will feel like a sun burn.
- Itchiness and tenderness will be present during the healing process.
- A gentle moisturizer may be used to keep the area moisturized.
- The area may begin to shed/sluff after a couple days revealing new pink skin.
- Healing is rapid and the results will be visible in just a few short days and continue to improve over months.
There is no cost for a phone consultation, in person consultations are $50 which will be applied to your first service.
Full Facial Session $350. Includes full face tightening/collagen producing treatment, targeted wrinkle treatment, targeted scar treatment using the Eclipse Micropen system and patent Growth Factor serum.
Microneedling with PRP ( also known as the Vampire Facial) $650. Turbo boost your microneedling results with PRP! A single tube of blood is drawn and spun in a centrifuge to separate your platelets for maximum results. Includes full face tightening/collagen producing treatment, targeted wrinkle treatment, targeted scar treatment using the Eclipse Micropen system and your own Platelet Rich Plasma.
Eye or Lip Rejuvenation $150 treats crows feet and lines around the eye or fine lines around the lips and mouth (add PRP for $150)
Scar spot reduction (for acne or other deep facial scars) $150 per session (add PRP for 150)
Stretch marks/Burn Scars and Surgical Scars/other areas of the body require a consultation (prices based on size and severity of area)