- Aftercare is essential to proper healing and favorable results. During the tattooing process very fine needles will be breaking the skin and inserting the color pigment. This will leave the skin tender, possibly swollen and will produce some scabbing. It is important to follow aftercare instructions as closely as possible to avoid further damage to the skin, risk of infection and loss of color.
After any tattooing procedure you will experience some swelling, irritation, and potentially bruising.
- It is extremely important not to pick, scrub, or otherwise exfoliate the area. Doing so can pull out some of the pigment and cause scarring.
- Keep out of the sun. UV exposure during the first 30 days is essential as it can cause darkening (hyperpigmentation) of the skin and can result in unwanted color shifts.
- Do not over saturate the area. Leave your PMU clean and dry, lightly moisturizing if needed. If the area is too saturated it can cause thick scabbing, and the moist, sticky environment is prone to catching and trapping dirt, germs and bacteria which can lead to infection.
- Do not over clean- wipe gently with witchazel or a tattoo specific cleanser, blot dry.
- Do not use traditional makeup, powders, or lotions with colors or fragrance until the scabs are off and the procedure has healed.
- Do not get a facial, wax the area, use facial scrubs, chemical peels, fillers, or lasers until the procedure has completely healed. **Some facial lasers and other facial procedures can cause the pigments to react, please let your technician know that you have had a PMU procedure before getting those services.
Please feel free contact me at anytime with any other questions or concerns 347-815-4865